MMA

Dustin Poirier to Fight Khabib

»Posted by on Apr 16, 2019 in Fighter, General, MMA | Comments Off on Dustin Poirier to Fight Khabib

Dustin Poirier to Fight Khabib

In the recent main event at UFC 236, Dustin Poirier managed to claim the interim lightweight title by beating Max Holloway in the fifth round.

Sunday last week, we saw the two determined fighters enter the octagon to fight for the interim title as a result of Khabib’s suspension due to a post-fight brawl in 2018 at UFC 229. The rightful title holder was suspended for only nine months but decided to extend it until his teammates are allowed to fight again, meaning he won’t fight for 12 months.

However, we expect to see Khabib take back to the octagon by the end of 2019, which means he will step into a fight with Dustin to determine who gets to keep the lightweight title.

There are also many other fighters lining up to complete against Khabib in when he returns, including Dustin Gaethje, Conor McGregor and possibly Tony Ferguson. However, all of them would have to wait as the current title holder Dustin Poirier now has priority.

Dana White confirmed the fight following the title victory on Sunday, stating that Khabib and Dustin will be the next to fight for the title. He also mentioned that the event is most likely to take place in September of 2019, but it has not been confirmed as well. We expect to see Khabib return around September, making this the first fight he walks into as he is welcomed back.

Unlike Khabib, Poirier didn’t manage to get up in MMA quite as fast, but he did have a promising career ahead of him from the very start. After his first four wins, he seemed to have hit the brakes though, which he then decided to make a career move and join the lightweight category in 2015.

It might have taken his 22 fights to make his way to a title fight, but there’s no doubt that Poirier has what it takes to defend the title. Even Dana White says he shouldn’t be criticised for how long it took and as we all know, Dustin has been a victim of the media.

Now, with the interim title, he has the first choice to take on Khabib and finally claim this way to become a fighter he is meant to be seen as. When you look at all the details, Dustin should consider himself lucky for the opportunity as Toiny Ferguson was the first choice for the title fight. However, Tony turned down the offer as he wants nothing less than a full title fight against Khabib.

While the fight against Max Holloway would’ve given him just that, We saw Tony decline the offer, thinking he would be one of the fighters lining up to take on Khabib when he returns. However, it’s unlikely for Tony to take part now as he has been dealing with personal issues and hasn’t been involved with UFC as much.

read more

MMA News Update April 2019

»Posted by on Apr 10, 2019 in Fighter, MMA | Comments Off on MMA News Update April 2019

MMA News Update April 2019

Somehow the lightweight division of the UFC appears in the news more often than just about any other. Not only do we see multiple news updates about Conor Mcgregor and his recent retirement announcement, but there is also news about Tony Ferguson who has been dealing with personal problems and has not been involved with UFC fighting much in 2019.

These are concerning matters as both Conor and Tony play a significant role in the lightweight division. With that said, don’t underestimate the other fighters as there are still loads of action to look forward to. However, for those who try to stay up to date on the latest news, here’s a quick and easy post about both Tony and Conor that’s ideal for getting up to date.

Tony Ferguson

Since the beginning of 2019, it seems as if Tony has been dealing with various personal problems, including a restraining order against him from his wife who has moved out just a few weeks ago along with their 2-year-old son.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, it does not seem like there are problems in the marriage, but more of a safety concern. In February 2019, Cristina Ferguson made a call to police, saying that Tony is breaking things in the house and has gone as far as breaking the fireplace. She did not want police to respond as she was concerned for their safety.

Parleys responded anyway, sending out a total of six units which couldn’t do much as there was no criminal activity. The call was made from Cristina’s mother’s house as she had already moved out. Tony had collected their son and had also changed all the locks in the house.

She has made it clear that she is not concerned about the safety of her son or herself, but rather the safety of her husband. Police also recommended visiting the doctor, to which Tony agreed. There is also an ongoing investigation regarding domestic violence. For now, with these matters at hand, we don’t expect to see Tony in the octagon any time soon.

Conor McGregor

The Irishman remains a favourite subject for UFC news throughout the beginning of 2019. If he isn’t be charged with assault when breaking a fan’s phone for trying to take a photo, the UFC champion manages to find other ways to keep himself in the news, including the announcement of his retirement.

Just over a week ago, Conor posted a Tweet to say he is retiring. At the time, it made sense when you consider his lucrative whiskey business, and he has had an incredible record up to now in UFC. However, it later came about that the retirement might help just a treat towards the UFC who refuse to give Conor shares in the company for him to take part as a co-main event in July. There are also many other posts that give us reason to believe he will be back, but up to now, the retirement stands.

read more

MMA Legend Conor McGregor Tweets his Retirement

»Posted by on Apr 1, 2019 in General, MMA | Comments Off on MMA Legend Conor McGregor Tweets his Retirement

MMA Legend Conor McGregor Tweets his Retirement

Conor McGregor has been some of the significant focus around MMA fighting news for a last couple of months, but things seemed to have called down until he attacked a fan for trying to take a picture of the fighter outside a hotel in Nevada.

Now, with that almost in the past as well and nearly at the end of his suspension, the professional fighter announced that he would be retiring from MMA.

The Tweet hit his page on the 26th of March 2019, wishing all his colleagues well and including that he will be retiring to join his former partners who are in retirement already.

Not the First Time he Mentioned Retirement

While Tweets like this are sure to get people talking, it seems many are taking it rather lightly as the lightweight champ has done it before.

In April 2016, McGregor used the popular social platform Twitter to announce early retirement as well. In a quick Tweet, he said he decided to retire young and that he is thankful for the cheese. The first retirement was announced when he was just 27 years old and had just lost the second time in a row to Nathan Diaz by submission. By now, we know the retirement threat never went through, and McGregor was seen in the octagon multiple times after that.

Reason for Retirement this Time

Now at 30 years old, we see McGregor hasn’t been having the best start to 2019 as he entered the year with a hearing and being suspended for six months after the post-fight brawl that was started by opponent Khabib at the time.

This means we haven’t seen McGregor take on any fighters in UFC since UFC229, which was way back in October 2019. His suspension is said to end next month, and he has already been lined up with fighting opportunities, which is where it all began.

McGregor was set to fight against Donald Cerrone, but just last week, Donald was booked to take on Al Iaquinta instead, which takes place in May of this year. At the same time, the UFC wanted McGregor to take part as the co-main event, but it didn’t take long before he turned down the offer. Instead, of accepting, he said he wants shares in UFC for taking part as the co-main event.

McGregor says all he asks for are shares as he knows he would be pushing up the views, for now, ESPN+ event. He says he is more than winning to take part, even in the first fight, but all he wants are shares in UFC.

The idea of getting shares in UFC isn’t a new thing either. McGregor has been pushing for stocks since the first two-division champ match where he took the lightweight title. However, the UFC seems against the idea, which could be the main reason for the retirement.

read more

MMA Giants Lined up for Huge Fight

»Posted by on Mar 26, 2019 in Fighter, MMA | Comments Off on MMA Giants Lined up for Huge Fight

MMA Giants Lined up for Huge Fight

If you’ve heard of either Iranian Hulk of Martyn Ford, you’ll know these are two of the most prominent fighters in MMA. Put these two in an octagon, and you’re bound to see a massive fight, unlike anything you’ve experienced before.

Well, in 2019, we might see the biggest fight of them all. Not because of marketing or a money fight, but instead with two of the most prominent MMA fighters stepping up for taking each other on.

It’s been said that these two massive fighters would be taking each other on later this year, which can only be described as a freak MMA fight. Martyn Ford is known as “The Scariest Man on the Planet” who weighs in at 143 Kg and stands at over two meters tall. The Iranian Hulk packs more weight at 178kg and is just a bit shorter at 1.85 meters.

Ford used to be a cricketer and rather skinny before he turned to bodybuilding on a whole new scale. An injury in cricket was the turning point for the massive man who has now found himself in films such as Final Score, which was released in 2018.

Now, a signed contract with Konfrontacja Sztuk Walki, a Polish organisation. He finds himself tapping into MMA to become one of the most critical fighters we have seen. After signing, Ford expressed his love for MMA and is looking forward to using his skills on the cage.

Up to now, he doesn’t have any professional fighting experience, but with his massive size and training, we might see a rookie take on other massive fighters and come out on top! That’s certainly what his 1.5 million followers are hoping for.

He also added a post on Instagram, further expressing how excited he is about the new adventure with KSW. He also tells fans about the tough training and that he is ready to take it all on and succeed.

Iranian Hulk, also known as Sajad Gharibi has become an overnight success as he is compared to the famous green muscle monster from the Marvel comics. He already has over 400,000 followers on popular social platforms who tune in often to see how the massive man lives and what he does daily.

He has dreams of joining the fight against IS by joining the Iranian Armed forces as he has a passion for his country and would like to defend it. However, with the new MMA opportunities, we might see him take on the octagon first, for which he would also need loads of training to get ready

Both these giants have been working hard on getting themselves prepared for the fight taking place later this year. Being an action-packed moment in the cage is sure. Would either of them manage a KO? Would it go through multiple rounds or would it be a boring fight that doesn’t reveal much to look at?

read more

Black Beast Second Loss in a Row

»Posted by on Mar 19, 2019 in Featured Fighter, Fighter, MMA | Comments Off on Black Beast Second Loss in a Row

Black Beast Second Loss in a Row

Heavyweight fighter, Derick Lewis finds himself even further away from claiming a title after being defeated last week at UFC 146, taking place in Kansas.

Considered to be the fighter with the most post-fight regret, Lewis finds himself one step further away from claiming the title he has been hunting for so long. The fight was meant to be his way of forgetting the loss he suffered last year against the same fighter. Dos Santos, which was his first title fight ever.

Even though Black Beast agreed to the fight on short notice, there’s no denying that many were expecting more from the hard-hitting fighter. It would have been the perfect win to set him in line with a title match, but now, he is one step further behind.

How it All Went Down

The first round between Black Beast and dos Santos was somewhat strange for those who’ve come to know the fighting style of Lewis. While getting in a few hits, he seemed to have more focus on the leg strikes than anything else. Fans were hoping to see those powerful punches. Giving Santos a bit an of a wangle within the first round.

However, it seemed as if Santos was the one with all the advantage, hopping around with loads of energy and ready to give Black Beast the fight he wanted. However, in the first round, he didn’t manage to get much more than Black Beast.

Even the beginning of round two showed these fighters seemingly take it easy, but Santos managed to deliver a powerful kick to the midsection of Lewis, making him crumble in pain. Even with that kick, Santos remained careful of the powerful punches his opponent is capable of but decided to go for the kill when Lewis dropped after the kick. To no one’s surprise, Lewis tried to grab hold of Santos and almost delivered one of the punches. He just missed, causing Santos to reconsider his moves and draw back just a little.

With Santos stepping off, Black Beast was able to recover and get back to fighting. However, it wasn’t long into the second round when Santos managed to deliver a dominant right-hander. Once again dropping Lewis to the ground and now have the perfect opportunity to end the fight.

Was Black Beast Ready for the Fight?

The Black Beast team later revealed that the fighter wasn’t ready and suffering from a torn meniscus. This would have had a severe effect on his abilities to perform at his best. However, the short notice fight was accepted, and we’re sure Black Beast would’ve waited if he could do it all over again.

Now, he is has set back his career and opportunity of a title fight, but it’s certainly not the end of the fighter. We expect to see him enter the octagon again soon, possibly taking on Tuivasa.

read more

How to Wager on MMA

»Posted by on Feb 19, 2019 in MMA | Comments Off on How to Wager on MMA

How to Wager on MMA

MMA has been attracting fans and bettors since the 90s, and the sport has only grown bigger over the last few years. Now, with significant fights such as Tony Ferguson taking on Khabib and Mayweather interested in another money fight, it might just be the perfect time to learn how betting on MMA works.

Those who’ve expressed interest in wagering on boxing will fight various similarities with these unique fighting styles. Sure, there are differences, and the betting itself is unique in multiple ways, but just understand how wagers on boxing works will help a lot.

If not, no problem as we go through the basics of wagering on MMA below. To get started, it’s important to understand the fundamentals of MMA fights. This includes three rounds of five minutes each on standard fights and up to five rounds of the same time with title and special events. It’s interesting that the outcome betting is similar to boxing, but there is one major different, including the submission.

The sport includes the same results as boxing, including points, knock outs, technical knockouts and more. With submissions, the fight would end up on the ground as the fighters try to grip each other in the way that forces the opponent to tap out when he/she can’t fight a way out. It’s important to know this as some of the biggest fighters in the world, including Khabib use this technique to defeat his opponents. That includes the major fight that took place in 2018 at UFC229 where he forced Conor McGregor to tap out in the fourth round. Basic Betting on MMA.

Basic Betting on MMA

MMA fights are categorised by weight, just as with boxing, but the weights are a little different, but easy to keep track of. The fights can take place regularly, simply depending on whether you’re wagering on the smaller events or waiting for the big fights.

The first and most simple form of betting in MMA is moneyline, which works the same as with other events and sports. With this option, you simply place a bet on the victor and receive winnings based on the odds of the fight.

Total rounds is another interesting form of betting and a little more complicated than moneyline. However, it’s also straightforward as the bookie provides the options of just how long the fight will last. In MMA, it isn’t very common for bookies to provide various options as most fights online last for three rounds. Therefore, you might find two or three options, including 1.5 rounds, two rounds 2.5 and so on. Basically, you’re wagering whether the fight will go the distance, or will there be a TKO, KO or submission before the end.

To get into the basics of MMA betting, these two options are all you need. From here on out, it’s more about technical betting options for the specific fight and what the bookie has to offer.

read more